Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Who have I upset?

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Who have I upset?

Postby Slarti » April 24th, 2019, 4:24 pm

This morning I had to go and get a new tyre for my car as some evil scrote had screwed a screw into the side-wall, so making it impossible to repair.

What confuses me is that the attacked the tyre on the side that can easily be seen from the kitchen.

But also, WHY?

Slarti

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Who have I upset?

Postby Itsallaguess » April 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Slarti wrote:
What confuses me is that the attacked the tyre on the side that can easily be seen from the kitchen.

I'd be very careful here - they've clearly got an appetite for whisk.....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 24th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Doesn't sound like a random attack. :( Driving a screw into rubber takes more time and focus and effort than "accidentally" keying the door. Report it to the police, because it's a fair bet that others have had the same sort of thing done to them recently. These things tend to happen in numbers.

What did you do to deserve this? Sit in somebody's favourite chair at the pub? Park in "his" roadside place? Look at him "in a funny way" (an old Not the Nine O'clock News gag)? Annoy a local Brexiteer with a cuttingly clear argument?

Commiserations, anyway....

BJ

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » April 24th, 2019, 6:46 pm

I've spoken to a number of neighbours and nobody else has had any strange happenings.

I very much doubt if the police would be interested, now that I've had the evidence destroyed, but yes, they should have been my first call when I realised that it wasn't an accident. You live and learn.

Slarti

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 24th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Slarti wrote:I very much doubt if the police would be interested, now that I've had the evidence destroyed, but yes, they should have been my first call when I realised that it wasn't an accident. You live and learn.

Plod wouldn't come out and look at your tyre even if you still had it. :( Too busy doing other things, unfortunately, and it isn't a new thing. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth making the report.

30 years ago, when some barsteward jumped up and down on my brand new car and stoved the roof panel completely in, all they did was say "hey, kids eh?", and gave me a crime number and wrote the report into the log book. They were unmoved by the fact that the pub at the end of the road was the only one in town that still served kids who'd been banned everywhere else. :evil: But it still mattered that my report went in, because it all helps to decide which areas the police focus their attention on.

BJ

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » April 25th, 2019, 11:18 pm

bungeejumper wrote:Commiserations, anyway....

BJ

slarti obviously lives in trowbridge... ;-)

didds

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 26th, 2019, 8:06 am

didds wrote:slarti obviously lives in trowbridge... ;-)

Oi! I used to drink in Trowbridge, I'll have you know. :D Mainly rough cider, on skittles nights, and when I was playing at The Lamb. Never got arrested for anything. Well, nothing they could prove, anyway...……

BJ

Return to “Bitter Lemons”