Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Spurs vs Ajax

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Spurs vs Ajax

Postby Howyoudoin » April 30th, 2019, 8:29 pm

This is actually a difficult decision for me.

My default position is 'any English club against Johnny Foreigner'.

But when I said the same on the old TMF site, Simoan, who is probably the biggest fan of Spurs on here, replied 'we don't want your support'.

Let's be honest, if my fellow West Ham fans found out I was was supporting Spurs in this game, i'd be lynched.

With all that in mind . . . .

Ajax vs Barcelona final for me.

HYD

Tzvikmister

Re: Spurs vs Ajax

Postby Tzvikmister » May 5th, 2019, 10:01 am

My main thought would be - who could give a proper fight to Barcelona at the final?
My honest answer is - no one.
Ajax are Barca's little b****, their board members are ex-Barca players, they sold them De Jong mid-season and they will also sell them De Ligt (whoever thinks there's still a chance for him to finish elsewhere is hallucinating). On the other hand - well, the Spurs aren't really known for their winning mentality.
But just because Ajax were more impressive and knocked out THE most impressive teams - I think they deserve to go through.

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » May 6th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:This is actually a difficult decision for me.

But when I said the same on the old TMF site, Simoan, who is probably the biggest fan of Spurs on here, replied 'we don't want your support'.

Let's be honest, if my fellow West Ham fans found out I was was supporting Spurs in this game, i'd be lynched.

HYD

HYD To hell with what other people think as it just goes to prove that Like me you are a football supporter as well as having a favourite club, unfortunately some people are so tribal.

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » May 6th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Stan wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:This is actually a difficult decision for me.

HYD

HYD To hell with what other people think as it just goes to prove that Like me you are a football supporter as well as having a favourite club, unfortunately some people are so tribal.

Football fans are the very definition of tribal.

Anyway Spuds have clearly completely lost it. I think losing to West Ham was the straw that broke it, bit like Chelsea a couple of years ago. Injuries, stress, the number of games, a squad that is too weak, the World Cup, a worrying prediliction for going all spursy, whatever it is their heads are mush and only similar issues with [expletive deleted] and Man U have kept us in the top 4.

I think we have zero chance against Ajax and can see us losing 5-0 against Everton.

I'd like to thank HYD for not crowing about that first win at the Spursodome.

DM

Tzvikmister

Postby Tzvikmister » May 7th, 2019, 8:18 am

There's nothing more tribal than football fans TBH... maybe besides those American Baseball/Football fans that are fanatic about their hometown etc.... :D

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » May 7th, 2019, 10:08 am

dionaeamuscipula wrote:I'd like to thank HYD for not crowing about that first win at the Spursodome.

DM

The WHU players seem to have no trouble really trying to win in the games that they consider to be 'big games'.

But asking them to put a shift in away to Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth etc seems to fall on deaf ears. It's just too much effort. They think they should be winning those games simply by turning up.

Very frustrating.

HYD

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » May 8th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Well I for one was always completely confident.

(Mods please delete my post of May 6th which contains a small spelling mistake, I wrote "zero" when I meant "every")

DM

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » May 8th, 2019, 11:02 pm

dionaeamuscipula wrote:Well I for one was always completely confident.

(Mods please delete my post of May 6th which contains a small spelling mistake, I wrote "zero" when I meant "every")

DM

Last night, the Mrs said to me, 'I've never known you to be so vocal during a match before.'

I replied that you don't see many matches like that in your lifetime.

Bloody hell. 24 hours later and here we are.

The Mrs was in the bathroom when the last goal went in. She came out 5 mins later and said 'what happened?! You made me jump - and I was on the toilet.'

:)

HYD

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » May 8th, 2019, 11:24 pm

It's now guaranteed that the final will be a 0-0 yawnfest won by a fluky penalty which needs goal line technology. :D

--kiloran

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 9th, 2019, 4:32 am

Well done Spurs - great comeback against an Ajax side that looked like they were destined for the final.

Pochettino has done so well during a season where club finances have clearly been prioritised away from the first team.

A great advert for the Premier League after those two semi-finals.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Tzvikmister

Postby Tzvikmister » May 15th, 2019, 1:05 pm

This whole European season is a great advert for the PL. Now the question is whether these teams will show consistency during the next seasons or not. Based on Barca & Real's market plans, it will be extremely hard.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”