Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Plusnet bills

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
steelman99
Lemon Pip

Plusnet bills

Postby steelman99 » June 2nd, 2019, 8:26 am

Hi
Mum & Dad are with plusnet for phone and broadband , for some reason plusnet stopped sending bills and taking money out of their bank account in Jan 2019
Ive rung plusnet who say that there's a computer system glitch at their end which they know about but they don't know when it will be fixed, until it is Mum & Dad will not get any bills , nor will the payments be taken from their bank
I know with gas/ Electric , bills cant be backdated more than a year , is it the same with phone bills ? as Mum is panicking that they will end up owing hundreds of pounds ( Theve got the money in bank so the actual payment isnt an issue)

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Plusnet bills

Postby Slarti » June 2nd, 2019, 11:36 am

No idea about the backdating, but have they looked at their bills here https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login ?

Slarti

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » June 2nd, 2019, 12:41 pm

steelman99 wrote:Hi
Mum & Dad are with plusnet for phone and broadband , for some reason plusnet stopped sending bills and taking money out of their bank account in Jan 2019
Ive rung plusnet who say that there's a computer system glitch at their end which they know about but they don't know when it will be fixed, until it is Mum & Dad will not get any bills , nor will the payments be taken from their bank
I know with gas/ Electric , bills cant be backdated more than a year , is it the same with phone bills ? as Mum is panicking that they will end up owing hundreds of pounds ( Theve got the money in bank so the actual payment isnt an issue)

It seems like they're perfectly able to pay any bill from their savings, and it's only the theoretical (or reputational) concept of "owing" money that's panicking her. You could get her to consider that even if the bill ultimately runs to hundreds or even thousands of pounds, it doesn't become due (and therefore owed) until they furnish her with a bill. At that point she'll have the usual 30 days or whatever to pay it before it would become overdue, even if it's for services supplied months ago.

They should continue to keep money aside until Plusnet sort themselves out, and sleep easy.

Scott.

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » June 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm

Slarti wrote:No idea about the backdating, but have they looked at their bills here https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login ?

Slarti

I think the problem is that PlusNet’s system isn’t generating bills for some customers (and faulty ones for others), hence not only no direct debits but also no bills to view. This has been going on for some months and crops up in the user forum periodically. The problems with PlusNet’s systems and their protracted efforts to ‘improve’ them are the stuff of legend. Luckily IME their actual fibre/broadband service is actually very good.

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Postby Nocton » June 2nd, 2019, 2:21 pm

Something like this happened to us last year with the annual payment one can make to get a reduced rate. They treated it as a credit for the other monthly payments due. So nothing was taken for a couple of months, but eventually they sorted it out and collected the amount owing. Just enjoy the 'free' service!

niord
Lemon Pip

Postby niord » June 3rd, 2019, 6:54 am

I moved from Plusnet to John Lewis Broadband 10 months ago. John Lewis Broadband is Plusnet with a John Lewis front. By moving I got a £40 John Lewis voucher and cheaper bills !

As it happened, much cheaper bills as they haven't as yet billed me in spite of me pointing it to them. However I have just got a mail telling me that they have now sorted out their billing problems and will just take the last 3 months owed.

I assume that will be the same for direct Plusnet customers

john10001
2 Lemon pips

Postby john10001 » June 6th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Lucky you! I wish this was the situation for me! Plusnet is charging me loads at the moment because the contract expired and they didn't send me a notification to say it was like they claim they are supposed to.

I rang for a better deal two nights ago but their computer systems went down and they said they would call me back. So far they haven't.

I might take a look at other companies like Vodafone, TalkTalk, Virgin Media, Sky etc.

Return to “Does anyone know?”