Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Star fund manager forms own fund management company

Closed-end funds and OEICs
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Star fund manager forms own fund management company

Postby UncleEbenezer » July 2nd, 2019, 9:36 am

RNS from JEO.

JEO is one of my biggest and most successful holdings (the one being in large part a consequence of the other). Now even as his illustrious predecessor Woodford imparts further negative news, Darwall is to split from Jupiter and set up his own group.

Hmmm.

StOmer

Re: Star fund manager forms own fund management company

Postby StOmer » July 2nd, 2019, 10:21 am

A little disturbing as last week he was saying that he intended to stay with Jupiter for 5 years after leaving the OEIC version of the European Opportunities IT. Now he is hoping the board will move the IT to his new company. I imagine that he has already agreed on this with the board of Jupiter European Opportunities, all this without any reference to the shareholders. As a shareholder, if this the case then I am concerned about the lack of honesty with the shareholders.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 2nd, 2019, 11:04 am

StOmer wrote:A little disturbing as last week he was saying that he intended to stay with Jupiter for 5 years after leaving the OEIC version of the European Opportunities IT. Now he is hoping the board will move the IT to his new company. I imagine that he has already agreed on this with the board of Jupiter European Opportunities, all this without any reference to the shareholders. As a shareholder, if this the case then I am concerned about the lack of honesty with the shareholders.

Sadly this sort of thing is par for the course. From the RNS it sounds as if Jupiter is co operating with the manager and the JEO Board says it is going to consult with shareholders, whatever that means.

I have no interest in this but at least it sounds as if it is some way from the Woodford situation in that the same 'star' manager will still be doing the investment management, just that it will be a different back office.

Still, it cannot be without risk and maybe if you have done well out of the Trust, it could be time to move on.

Dod

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 2nd, 2019, 11:18 am

Ah, I wondered why the 7% fall in Jupiter Fund Management (JUP) this morning.

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 23201.html

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”