Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Stock up before Brexit?

Making your money go further
toofast2live
Lemon Slice

Re: Stock up before Brexit?

Postby toofast2live » June 21st, 2019, 7:32 pm

The young Brexiteers are stocking up on bulldog tattoos. The older ones wisely investing in more warm dressing gowns, slippers and Second World War box sets. The rich ones, like BoJo and chums don’t give a damn, because their wealth is nicely sheltered. Remainers, well they’re investing in sack cloth and ashes - or have already fled this sceptered isle.

colin
Lemon Slice

Postby colin » June 26th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Surly someone must be planning on taking a van to France and bringing it back full of contraband provisions to sell to folk like me who haven't stocked up on anything?

5pFredo

Postby 5pFredo » July 6th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Is there anybody out there, who like me, havnt stocked up on anything?
As like myself they believe all the scaremongering on Brexit is nothing more than propaganda by the mainstream extreme leftwing media?

Really cant believe people are so gullible in this day and age... They really do believe everything they see on TV/in Newspapers... It really is sad, dont know whether to laugh or cry.

This will be revealed when we have Brexit, deal or no deal...

Nothing disastrous is going to occur, but lets wait and see, only when it occurs will this become an actual fact...

No doubt all the "stockpilers" still wont learn anything it... they wont realise - "wow, those 2 years of doom the mainstream mentioned were all outight lies, they lied to me and like a mug I believed it"...

The brainwashing is too deep rooted, and pretty much reversible.

Steveam
Lemon Slice

Postby Steveam » July 9th, 2019, 10:21 am

5pFredo: You may be right and you may be wrong but from my individual point of view it can’t help to take precautionary actions. Because of Brexit uncertainty I moved some cash into dollars and am up by about 10%.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » July 9th, 2019, 10:34 am

Steveam wrote:5pFredo: You may be right and you may be wrong but from my individual point of view it can’t help to take precautionary actions.

I totally agree. Hate clutter.

Or did you mean 'hurt' instead of 'help'?

HYD

Spet0789
Lemon Quarter

Postby Spet0789 » July 9th, 2019, 11:07 am

5pFredo wrote:Is there anybody out there, who like me, havnt stocked up on anything?
As like myself they believe all the scaremongering on Brexit is nothing more than propaganda by the mainstream extreme leftwing media?

Really cant believe people are so gullible in this day and age... They really do believe everything they see on TV/in Newspapers... It really is sad, dont know whether to laugh or cry.

This will be revealed when we have Brexit, deal or no deal...

Nothing disastrous is going to occur, but lets wait and see, only when it occurs will this become an actual fact...

No doubt all the "stockpilers" still wont learn anything it... they wont realise - "wow, those 2 years of doom the mainstream mentioned were all outight lies, they lied to me and like a mug I believed it"...

The brainwashing is too deep rooted, and pretty much reversible.

Let’s see!

Personally, pre-buying a few items with long shelf life which we’ll use anyway is a free hedge.

So far the Remain side of the debate are winning the battle of the pre-referendum predictions about 8-2. I have already seen the impact on my own industry. Whether you support Brexit or not, anyone who thinks no deal isn’t a big deal is just deluding themselves in my opinion.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » July 9th, 2019, 11:44 am

Spet0789 wrote:So far the Remain side of the debate are winning the battle of the pre-referendum predictions about 8-2. I have already seen the impact on my own industry. Whether you support Brexit or not, anyone who thinks no deal isn’t a big deal is just deluding themselves in my opinion.

I'd love to know what these 10 predictions were?

Can you post them on the Brexit thread on Polite Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=16461&start=2140

Alternatively just post them here as I suspect this thread will be moved there sooner or later anyway.

HYD

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » July 10th, 2019, 11:21 am

Moderator Message:
The last three posts on this thread have been deleted as "off-topic" please return to the topic for further posting on the thread.

Return to “Living Below Your Means”