Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 72

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Hattrick Season 72

Postby Donut102 » June 24th, 2019, 3:16 pm

A new season is upon us, and chance to reflect on last season:

Team

Average age of my first XI is now 24 (last season: 23), and is starting to feel like a competitive team.
I've got a Powerful YA prospect who could be a very nice striker in a few season. He'll promote at the end of July, and a Technical Forward will be sold to make room.
Not planning to make any additions from the transfer market, though I've got a substitute winger with no playmaking who'll need fixing at some point.

Recently opened a 2nd team. I've bought all my trainees, and no more transfer market activity until I've got the Excellent Coach installed.

League

Promoted into IV after an unbeaten season in V. First look at the new league is intimidating! Aiming to get 5th or 6th and consolidate my position.

The 2nd team is in VI, with only one other human player. I'd prefer to finish 2nd as I build up the fan base and the stadium.

Cup

R5 last season (s.70 R7) which was OK. I got knocked out by a very good CA team which rightly exploited weaknesses in my PM heavy team. I switched training to Passing to plug some of those gaps, and I'd hope to back to R7.
I also got 4 rounds of a secondary cup last season. If I get knocked out relatively early in the main cup, I might target the secondary cup given the league is beyond my reach this season.

The 2nd team will be knocked out in R1....

HatStats

Hatstats max up from 313 in season 69 to 387 season 70, and 389 season 71.
400 would be nice...

Coach

Excellent coach, Poor leadership.
Will need replacing soon. I have a Solid leadership replacement lined up with 10 experience - cost to replace £2.5m. Works out about £20k/ week.

2nd team now has Solid Coach/ Poor leadership, with a Inadequate Leadership internal replacement lined up to be converted to Excellent Coach.
Btw - the 21 experience player I tried to buy went for £272k.
- I ended up buying an 18 experience player for £21k - a £251k discount.
- The 21 experience player will cost £200k less to convert
=> I'm £51k better off

The transfer market for Solid leadership with Solid+ experience, or players with Divine+ experience is all out of balance compared to the cost of converting into Excellent coaches.
There is an opportunity to make money here - not with the high experience players as they can too easily suffer a permanent injury, but with Weak Experience Solid Leadership. You can pick these players up for < £20k aged 23, and sell them for £450k with Solid Experience.
They might require 6 seasons of training to in all the league matches to get them there, which might work for my 2nd team.
I have 10 trainees, of which only 5 will play in the league. Leaving 6 experience training slots.
I've picked up 3 Solid leadership trainees already. I'm thinking of getting more.

Cash

Profit in my first team is down to £250k/ season. With promotion into IV I'm hoping that will improve with better gate receipts and sponsor income.
£6.9m in the bank - £2.5m of which ring fenced for the replacement coach. Leaves me £4m to fix my sub winger. I might sit on my hands for a month or so when my YA prospect displaces a Titanic Striker - if I sell him for £3m+ I'll have a very nice kitty to play the market with...or I could be scrooge and let it sit in the bank. A nice problem to have.

Too early to judge profitability in the 2nd team, but experience tells me I should aim to be making £1m/ season before transfers. I need £1.3m to convert my Excellent coach - so maybe 2 seasons given costs of upgrading the stadium.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Hattrick Season 72

Postby UncleIan » June 25th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Already so soon?

Team

Average age of my first XI is now 25. Really not sure what to do with my team, trying to break out of the cycle of selling my best players to replace players in other areas with better ones, it's really tricky, because I hate defender training with a passion, but training IM and my best players are getting a bit old for trainees, and are, or nearly are, titanic. So if I switched to, say, striker training, they'd be too old for that. Maybe try winger training, and put my four younger IM trainees through that, plus some replacement wing back trainees. Maybe. I'll probably just keep muddling through though.

I "must" replace a CB and a WB though. Sneaked up on my, the CB is 35, so not worth anything on the transfer list, so should probably just keep until he's crocked.

League

Four new teams. Team in first, so my away match first up looks like a massive gigantic enormous defence, and not much more, overall stats just below mine, they look active, had two seasons in III, and came down in 7th with 12 points. The team that won their qualifier look a bit handy too, while the other two teams auto-promoted may struggle.

Cup

R3 last season. Let's see how the dice roll this season.

HatStats

Dunno, but a few of last season's matched crept into my top 15.

Coach

Excellent coach, weak leadership.
Will need replacing soon. I do not have a ready made replacement. Perhaps my new CD should be a future coach.

Cash

Crikey! £9m in the bank, that's crept up! Have sold a couple of trainees for a few magic beans, so the profit of £1.2m has come from the gate receipts and sponsors. Nice.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 1st, 2019, 4:31 pm

Team

Average age of my first XI is closing in on 26, so I probably need to refresh it a little – ok, a lot. Already sold off three oldie IMs, one defender and one striker while they still had some value, which means average age has come down to 26 from something higher! Definitely need a defender and a midfielder, but there’s a problem.....

League

Another season in IV beckons, but it’s been progress each year. Finishing 4th was a bit of a nose bleed last time round, so I will be happy to achieve the same this coming season. There are only two new teams coming in, the league winner failed to promote and the two relegation qualifiers came through unscathed. As we are 4th out of 64 in series ranking, that’s probably not a surprise. The new teams look decent, so maybe 4th will be a struggle……

Cup

Out in R4 last season on penalties, in a game we could have won. Always remember to set your pen takers….secondary cup also ran to four rounds. Not quite got the enthusiasm for doing anything with the cup…

Hatstats

Managed to pull somewhere between 280 and 350 depending on injuries and need

Coach

Solid coach, world class experience, poor leadership. I’ve got a passable leadership / magnificent experience in the wings, which with £271k cost can become a solid trainer. So I guess he may have to dust off those boots once the incumbent approaches disastrous leadership….

Cash

Here’s the rub. I’ve got £1.7m and need to spend around £4-5m. Trainees scorers are way off the mark at the moment in terms of providing income, so I will probably have to only buy one 1 player as and when injury or the need arises. At worst will sell one first team striker, but hopefully not before the oldest trainee hits extra-terrestrial to take his place.

Summary
We joined in season 23, so this season (72) is our 50th in Hattrick. Good grief. And I’ve never been beyond series IV – hah. It won’t be this season, either!

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » July 2nd, 2019, 2:52 pm

Team

Average age of my top XI players is closing high 26yo, however this is where I am in my teams cycle. I am focusing on two players who have just turned 26 and the others are being managed around them with stamina training percentage etc. I have recently switched to scoring training which I will be doing for the next 3 or 4 seasons. I am short a winger and am getting close in needing to upgrade my GK's to complete the team ready for a push towards II.

League

Promoted to III.7. The promotion is probably a season later than planned/expected as I had a couple of ME burps in season 70 which scuppered that. We have 5 new teams in the series and there have been quite a number of personnel changes in the established teams so it is hard to set expectations. I'm going with fan expectations and just hoping to survive my first season in III.

Cup

Made it to R5 last season and with my higher team ranking I should be able to get at least this far again. The longer the cup the run the better it will be for the team in the leage.

Hatstats

I can pull a 400+ rating when needed now and averaged 368 last season. I would like to get my average up to 400 but I don't think that is achieveable this season.

Coach

Solid coach with Solid leadership. I've got two replacements ready to replace him when required but this should be at least a couple of season away.

Cash

$4.3m in the bank at the time of typing. Selling off two £20k a week players early last season has saved £600k in wages. No trainees to sell but have £1.5m of value in my reserve GK so should have the money to perform the GK upgrade when needed.

Summary
My first season ever in III :). I doubt I'll be pulling up trees but I am expecting a good battle this season with a number of knowledgeable managers.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » July 5th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Team

England- average age of players is 28/78 although I have 12 under 23 and 11 over 37. The key forward trainees are all under 20, so I'm in no rush to do anything about it.

Oceania - average age of players is 26/80 with the wing-back trainees just turning 24. Again, I'm in no rush to do anything about it.

South Africa - average age is 26/21 with the GK trainees both being under 20. I've decided to only buy players originating from the African Continent going forward, because I've hardly ever owned any African players in all the years I've played, and it seemed like a fun way of filtering out the transfer market now I am using Mercattrick.

League

Div V in England, IV in Oceania and IV South Africa. No plans to get promoted out of any of them just yet.

Cup

I got knocked out of South Africa's already, and I'd expect to get knocked out in England either this or at best next week.In Oceania I'm facing a team that is selling 4 mono-skilled ET defenders next. It might give me an edge for this week, so R3 looks possible.

hatstats

N/a

Coach

All three are now with excellent coaches, inadequate leadership in SA, weak in England, poor in Oceania. No plans to change for at least 5 seasons (until the coach skill drops).

Cash+solid leadership xp trainees (because they are like cash)

This is the bit I need to focus upon, as I'll be wanting use the resources to bring in a team to compete for all 3 sometime up the road.

England - £8.6m in the bank, 2xbrilliant xp solid leaders (est £4m) = £12.6m

Oceania - £16m no high xp solids = £16m

South Africa - £200k, 1xsolid xp solid leader (est £500k) = £0.7m

Training plans

All 3 teams at 10% stamina with 10 assistant coaches.

England. The two expensive trainees are currently 13Sc 10PM. PM planned for the whole season.

Oceania. The 4 Wb trainees are currently 14-15Def and 11Wing (one pop to 12 this week). Wing planned for the whole season.

South Africa. The homegrown 17yo GK is 9GK 4D 10SP (popped another level SP when he got an injury the week before last with less than 90 minutes training). GK planned for the whole season.

Other stuff

Running for the England NT job again, for a 3rd consecutive election. Had a notice on my live match feed a couple of weeks ago that the team was 16 years old, started in 06/03. Strewth!

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » July 8th, 2019, 8:29 am

For my first team I was in 7th place, playing 8th at home.
Out of all my games this season in IV this should be the easiest - so a little unnerving to scrape through with a 2-1 win.

Next week is away to 2nd - a reasonably good Long Shot team. Not sure I can win the MF battle - is CA worthwhile against LS?

My 2nd team in VI lost 3-1. A big of hangover from the defeat in R1 of the Cup, where I went MOTS to see if I could make week 2 (I lost 5-0....). So no team spirit and no confidence.

Its going to be a long season with both teams.....

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 8th, 2019, 3:41 pm

So, the season begins.
Up against an old foe that I dont get much change from, we were away and basically the result was almost a foregone conclusion. They won midfield easily, and had a better attack than my attack but I had a better defence than they had.
It was frustrating to read how this game went.
They scored early 1-0, we got an early reply, 1-1.
Then one of our three midfielders was red carded (we were already losing midfield), and just to kick a man when hes down, one of our three strikers got injured with a +1. Not surprisingly, they got another and went in at HT 2-1 up.
Second half we equalised 2-2, then in quick succession it went 3-2 then 3-3.
Surely we could hold on for an improbable draw?
Nope, they got the winner in the 86th min, 4-3 it ended.

Apart from the red card and the injury, I guess I'm ok with the result.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » July 9th, 2019, 8:54 am

First match away to the demoted, so a bit of a mystery. They have a monster defence and not much else, didn't have a lot of time or inclination last week, so it was put out my strongest 3-5-2 and see what happens. What happened? We missed a lot of chances, they CA'd, and we lost 1-0. Maybe I shouldn't have PIC'd. Maybe I should have PIC-Press-Prayed. Chances were 5-8, so a draw would have been nice, but hey ho.

Next week we're at home to a promoted team, should be an easy PIC by the look of it.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » July 9th, 2019, 12:03 pm

The election went well, and I'm still the England NT manager.

In England, sfter 31 straight losses in the league I have arrived in my old V.7 after a quick series swap. I was up against one of the weakest 4 teams (which includes mine and a bot) and away from home. We had the edge on ratings initially but the previous few seasons at 5% took their toll and their ratings improved as the match went on. We went 0-2 up then down 3-2, then up to 4-3 and it ended 4-4. I played the two wonderkids up front with PM training for them planned in the Cup. My powerful (The Chauffeur) got a powerful event chance, but failed to convert. Still, a point is a point.

In Oceania, I was away to last season's 3rd best team. I had 76-80% defence, and they had almost all of the possession (99%) and 71/84% on the side defences (99% centre). Had a central defender sent off on 70 (which won't help in the Cup), and they went from 1-0 up at this point to 3-1 winners.

In South Africa, we won 3-0 against the active team we started with in another series, loading up side attacks (so they were effective 37/54%) and having 80% possession with 65-85% defence.

Draw/loss/win.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » July 15th, 2019, 9:41 am

A week to forget...

My first team was playing a LS team away from home. I went 253 Play Creative, and played defender in midfield to man mark one of their playmakers.
It started promisingly - they had a CD sent off on just 19'.
However I couldn't get close to their midfield ratings, and they ran out easy winners. Final score 4-0.
I've not played many quality LS team, but it is clear you have to win MF to stand a chance.

I'm now in 4th place, playing 8th next week at home. I fancy my chances for that one.

My second team is pretty woeful. The team has no confidence, poor form, and no loyalty. They lost 3-0.
Now in 6th place in Div VI. Playing 3rd next week, away from - and expecting a loss.
I think it will take until mid-season to get loyalty, form, and skills up to a point where I can compete against some pretty shoddy opponents.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » July 15th, 2019, 9:54 am

Bink333 wrote:The election went well, and I'm still the England NT manager.

Well you didn't get my vote! ;)

I forgot completely about it.

Cruised through to the next round of the cup.

I thought this week was going to be fairly easy, at home up against a promoted team. Went with a B team midfield on a PIC, and was still pretty confident of the win, as the predictor was showing I'd have most of the ball, and my defence would way stronger than their attack. For once my confidence wasn't misplaced, 3-1 at the break turned into 6-1 at the final whistle. Which was nice. Chances were 9-5, so feels good to have a match where my players have their scoring boots on. (ex England U20 etc) Keeper got mentioned in dispatches a couple of times too, so he helped improve the goal diff.

Early in the season, two games in, but no one has managed to win both their games, so I rocket up to third on three points, one point behind the leader & second on four.

Cup game looks eminently winnable, especially as we'll have the first team midfield on the case.

Next Sunday's league match looks a tad trickier though, away to a team that is pretty much our equal, so thinking cap needs finding this week.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » July 15th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Argh! Nightmare start to this week...

For some reason I thought Q1 started a week on Friday. As a result I've missed the TS reset and England now have a horrendous TS disadvantage compared to the other teams in the group.

In England we won 4-0, The Chauffeur getting and converting a powerful pressed chance. He also scored for England U20 after just a minute on the pitch on Friday. We got beat 4-3 in the Cup, running out of legs again. In the league we are up to 2nd on 4pts.

In Oceania we lost 0-3, they had possession and 10 chances, but given both sides had enormous defences relative to the opposing attack, 3 seemed somewhat harsh.Got through to R3 of the Cup with a 0-3 win, It was 0-0 at full time both sides having enormous defences again, and they had 10 chances against us in this game too, but zero conversions. We bagged 3 in the pen shootout to win. In the league we are 6th on 0pts

In South Africa we beat a bot 0-7, after being knocked out of the secondary Cup 1-4. This puts us up to 2nd on 6pts with -8GD to the leaders.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 15th, 2019, 9:56 pm

its a tough league this IV. We lost at home 2-3, and lost a star striker to a +2, but the positives are that we had recovered from 0-3 down after 33 minutes, and despite two defeats out of two, we are the second highest scorers so far. Yes, I am clutching at straws.

We are at home again next week, but again its against a bogey team that always stuffs us. I was going to say thats the three hardest games out of the way, but theres another three to come! Only one game looks like I can really compete, which is disappointing as we finished 4th last season.

We won last weeks Cup game 0-5 away, and have a good chance to progress again this week.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » July 22nd, 2019, 9:30 am

I thought the cup game was eminently winnable...1-1 on 20 minutes turned into 1-8 at full time. Job done. R4 looks a bit more even stevens, I'll get the best of midfield, so it *should* be okay, but I'm not counting my chickens. Don't think I can risk a PIC, I know, I know, it's the cup, but I've got a tough opponent in the league this week, so best to try not to have a cup hangover.

Talking of the league, was playing a team that's been here a few seasons, my record against them up to now is 4-1, we met in the cup once too. We had a decent chunk of possession, but their central defence is huge, and their attack is not too shabby, so I didn't know if it would balance out or not. They decided to AIM, which they're divine+ at, not too shabby. I'd gone with a 3-5-2 with two CBs and a WB TM. Their central attack v my central defence was still 60/40. We went down 1-0 early doors. Equalised, then went ahead, before they pulled it back to 2-2 at the break. Second half we had a mad eight minutes, scoring four times and getting an injury. They were only on the receiving end of the madness, and the game ended 2-6.

The teams in first and second both lost, and so as I was only one point behind, and I've handed out some thrashings, we're one of three teams on six points, but I'm now top of the league. Long may it continue!

At home next week to a fairly decent side, actually, checking again, they were a fairly decent side, but they seem to have sold a couple of high skilled midfielders since we last met, so we should be too strong for them, I'm even going to risk a PIC, though I might change that if we go out the cup.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » July 22nd, 2019, 10:32 am

In Div IV I was in 4th place playing 8th at home. Straight forward 4-1 win on a PIC, but surprised myself by getting 355 hatstats.
The Cup last week was also a straight forward 3-1 win.

Next week I'm in 4th playing 3rd away from home. Their league position flatters them a little as they've won against the two weakest teams in the league. I fancy my chances on a PIC.
In the Cup this week I'm playing another IV team, albeit they are struggling in their league. I've been given home advantage, and it looks simple enough.

In Div VI I was in 6th place, playing 3rd away from home. My new team seems to have landed in a VI series with only 1 bot - which seems a little harsh, given there are V leagues with 5 bots. I think I'll be series swapping at the end of the season...
Anyway, I had this week down as a sure fire loss, and went PIC with CA as their attack looked weak. I cranked out a mighty 133 hatstats vs their 178.
Well blow me down with a feather, it worked - a 2-0 win. First points of the season and a much needed boost to confidence.

In the secondary cup I had a bot team last week, and this week is a 50:50, but with home advantage.

Next week I'm in 6th playing 5th at home. 50:50 game.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » July 22nd, 2019, 2:20 pm

England were away to Jordan, went 0-3 up and it finished 2-3. Nerve wracking one that.

In England, I was away to the league leaders who went play creative. I was a bit surprised to have majority possession forst half, had a hail mary conversion up the middle and a quick SE to lead 0-2 at half time. Their coach had obviously spotted our stamina weakess and switched it up for the second half so that they had majority % of the ball form minute 46. They reduced to 1-2 on 66 then equalised on 83 (by which point most of my lads were standing around exhausted watched the opponent passing the ball to each other). They scored again on 87 to win 3-2. Down to 4th and facing a bot in the TomDHT on Tuesday.

In Oceania, we went to penalties again last week after no goals in 120 minutes (or 240 if you include the week before). Won that 4-3 so we're up against a II side in R4 tomorrow. In the league we bagged a home win against a fellow bottom 4 team, taking us up to 5th, now on 3pts.

In South Africa we were at home to the league leaders, and edged possession, but were always going to struggle against a big defence. Lost 2-4 but remain 2nd as results elsewhere went in our favour, although we are just 3pts ahead of the bots in 6th & 7th

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 22nd, 2019, 10:33 pm

A bit of cheery news from Locomotiv this week....
Logged on at 60 mins to see we were 1-2 down at home, and fully expected us to lose this game, our third game by a single goal again, and wondering how harsh this match engine had become.

Well, at the final whistle it transpires we had won 4-2, an equaliser on 66 mins and then two goals in last eight minutes wrapped it up.
Presumably a bit of overconfidence on the oppo's part - they had gone 2-5-3 AIM, and won midlfield easily, but heir attack only had an 59% advantage. We were 4-3-3 CA, and while we lost midfield, our attack had 79% ratings across the pitch. Looks like we made it count.

The win lifts us to 5th, and while we are equal top scorers, we also have the weakest defence.....I guess I know where I need to strengthen!

Next league game we are away to 4th, and I now feel we have a fighting chance. Same in the Cup this week.

Donut102
2 Lemon pips

Postby Donut102 » July 29th, 2019, 8:28 am

Div IV:
Next week I'm in 4th playing 3rd away from home. Their league position flatters them a little as they've won against the two weakest teams in the league. I fancy my chances on a PIC.

Won 4-2.
Promotes me up to 2nd on 9 points. The only team that has beaten me this season is in 1st, and they slipped up this week only getting a draw, and sit on 10 points.
However I think my league position flatters me. I've played the 3 weakest teams, and now have a run of 6 games against tough opposition.
Next week I'm in 2nd playing 4th away from home. Thinking its a loss.

Div VI:
Next week I'm in 6th playing 5th at home. 50:50 game.

Hmmm...not so 50:50. I lost 3-0. They had the much better team. I didn't help my cause by leaving the tactics as CA from the prior week.
I'm in 6th on just 3 points. I really thought I was turning the corner, but alas no.
Bot next week, thank god.

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » July 29th, 2019, 4:32 pm

On Friday England were at home to Denmark. Their manager miscalculated how much m/f we could produce and surprised us by playing 3-4-3. We set up to deal with big side attacks as best we could, expecting a 2-5-3 and for some easy count-attack goals. England pulled divine+10 side defences, Denmark pulled divine+5 side attacks for 45% which was enough for them to convert 1 normal chance, as well as a penalty kick. We gor a late replay to lose 1-2.

In Div V in England, we've consolidated 4th spot, now 3pts clear of 5th/6th and 4pt clear of 7th after a home match against 5th. We suffered an early injury to a solid leadership player playing up front, who was replaced by a proper forward and a second yellow for a technical 50%PM trainee, a technical winger on 75. This contributed tot he possession drop from 54% in the first half to 49% 2nd, and both team had 6 chances. We converted 2, one more than they.

In Oceania we remain 5th but have closed up 3pts to 4th and are now just -4GD behind them. It was an away game to 8th for us, while they were home to 3rd. 6th and 7th also lost at home, so we have 4 away wins in the league this week. I'm at home to 5th next week. In the Cup we got punted 0-2 by the II side. Only grievance is that I lost a Wb to a red yesterday (playing in a non training position), so he misses a week of training.

In South Africa we got knocked out of the loser's losers Cup and have a friendly this week. In the league we secured a draw away to last season's champs but drop to 3rd behind two other IV sides that were invited to join us instead of playing 7 bots this season. Last season's champions are now 5th (but there is no Division V to drop into).

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » July 30th, 2019, 12:50 am

English Cup game was a narrow 1-0 away defeat, they had eight chances to our three, and edged midfield, so no real complaints.
The league game was another narrow away defeat, 2-1, again they edged midfield but we had the better of the chances 5-7, however we lost a midfielder to injury and that was that. We stay in 5th but are now 4 pts off 4th.
So its the Conspirator Cup this week for us (winnable if I had 3 IMs) and the next league game is home to a team against which we have previously W2 and L2. Will chuck everything at them!

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”