Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tesco Card - 0% promotion on Tesco purchases

Credit Cards, borrowing on Loans and discussions on Stoozing
jockblue

Tesco Card - 0% promotion on Tesco purchases

Postby jockblue » January 16th, 2017, 11:57 am

Has anyone else used the promotion on Tesco credit cards where you would get 0% on Tesco purchases up to the end of March 17?

I dutifully changed my standing order and paid off the non-Tesco purchases in my December statement, only to find the January statement has charged me interest on all of my new non-Tesco purchases. Apparently, according to Tesco, I misunderstood the promotion. I'm pretty sure if I misunderstood it, then many others will too, as it's a bear trap for those thinking it was in any way a good deal...

Be interesting to hear of anyone else's experiences, or whether I'm the only one!

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Tesco Card - 0% promotion on Tesco purchases

Postby Raptor » January 16th, 2017, 12:17 pm

I thought it too complicated even after pointing out that it was not clear. Did not like onus on me to decide what I needed to pay and on what?

Raptor.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » January 16th, 2017, 5:38 pm

Yes I reckoned there had to be a catch. Basically for anyone who always pays off their full balance, there was no benefit in the offer at all.

I do remember reading somewhere recently that if you complain loudly enough then they will refund the interest.

Scott.

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » January 16th, 2017, 10:26 pm

jockblue wrote:Has anyone else used the promotion on Tesco credit cards where you would get 0% on Tesco purchases up to the end of March 17?

I dutifully changed my standing order and paid off the non-Tesco purchases in my December statement, only to find the January statement has charged me interest on all of my new non-Tesco purchases. Apparently, according to Tesco, I misunderstood the promotion. I'm pretty sure if I misunderstood it, then many others will too, as it's a bear trap for those thinking it was in any way a good deal...

Be interesting to hear of anyone else's experiences, or whether I'm the only one!

See this article for more info. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/01/tesco-bank-credit-card-holders-stung-with-unexpected-charges-after-being-caught-out-by-0-interest-offer

You're not the only one! ;)

Adrian

Return to “Credit Cards and Loans”