Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Referendum - The free vote to eject SR

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Referendum - The free vote to eject SR

Postby SentimentRules » July 13th, 2019, 9:37 am

Welcome to the referendum.

The ballot has one question.

Should SR leave?

There is only one box to tick on the paper. Yes

We only need 5 votes for a majority.

And lets hope its not blocked in SR' s Parliamentary system for three years .

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Re: Referendum - The free vote to eject SR

Postby SentimentRules » July 13th, 2019, 9:49 am

Yes......

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » July 13th, 2019, 9:54 am

For your own sake, you should probably review your obsessive internet usage.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 13th, 2019, 9:56 am

I actually use it less than most.. I last about a week and then not seen again for 6 months.

Then another one week splurge.

You know that week before you go away on a trip. Where it's too late to start something else because you won't be around. That's my internet week.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 13th, 2019, 10:17 am

Referendum scrapped.

A man walked out from the crowd. A man amongst men. And simply asked nicely.

GLA

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » July 13th, 2019, 10:17 am

The response would likely be a universal yes.

What would help if you learnt to compose your messages in plain English which anyone can understand, rather in some sort of abbreviated trader's argot.

That and go for a long walk between successive posts. Have you sought medical advice about what could be an obsessional disorder? Your behaviour is obviously abnormal, and possibly could do with professional help.

TJH

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 13th, 2019, 10:27 am

Obsessive . Hmmm. I dont know. After a week I don't need to be visiting a forum etc for months after.
.but the light posters, seem to need it daily.

Maybe the obsession is indeed those who must visit daily for years.

Not sure how to class my week on the forums. Just bored waiting departure day is probably a good summary.

Anyway, that's tomorrow and going to airport hotel today so.. catch up in a few months again. If your not obsessively still here lol

GLA

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » July 13th, 2019, 12:02 pm

tjh290633 wrote:The response would likely be a universal yes.

What would help if you learnt to compose your messages in plain English which anyone can understand, rather in some sort of abbreviated trader's argot.

That and go for a long walk between successive posts. Have you sought medical advice about what could be an obsessional disorder? Your behaviour is obviously abnormal, and possibly could do with professional help.

TJH

I've been observing the flood of posts from and about SR, and the behaviour and recent comments from SR made me think of bipolar disorder, diagnosed or otherwise. For the past 15-18 years, a close family member has suffered from this and I can see many similarities. If this is the case, there is nothing that we can do, other than feel extreme sympathy for what is an agonising and totally frustrating illness, for the sufferer and those around him/her. Applying logic or criticism to the situation is completely and utterly futile.

Just let it blow over.

--kiloran

PS... SR, in no way do I intend this to be offensive, it's an honest opinion which may be far off the mark. But your behaviour, to be honest, is rather abnormal.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » July 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm

I'd say "it's up to SR to make the decision for themselves". Personally, when I read a post, I start to read it and then decide if it is of interest. Providing SR's posts are within the rules of the board (*) then it should be their decision.

I'd agree with TJH's comments about use of "trader's argot" but if I was to discuss things such as free cash flow, EPS, P/E, divi cover etc. with my wife (terms which we are possibly familiar with) then aren't we in the same glass house chucking rocks?

(* posting in the HYP Practical board especially...don't be the Man City zealot** in an Old Trafford pub..the equivalent of "crusin for a brusin").

** other zealots are available!

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » July 14th, 2019, 1:55 pm

If SR is popping up, posting like a fruit fly with only days to live and the disappearing, it'll be onver soon. But I think that kind of behaviour does sound rather ADHD or hyperactivity. The idea of turning up for a week then disappearing for months does sound a bit strange, and being banned from so many other forums is a big red flag.

I think SR is a perfectly nice guy, but his communication skills... definitely need work.

So how about it SR, why not stay, post comments like they're emails and not interactive chat, and see if you can conform to the slow and casual board that this is. We're not going to change to suit you, if you can't, then maybe it is best for you to move on, though I can't see that being productive if you've been banned from all the others you've visited.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 17th, 2019, 6:58 pm

I don't think there is any danger of this, but just in case...

The day this site starts really holding free votes to eject people is the day I will choose to leave it of my own free will!

Gengulphus

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » July 17th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Gengulphus wrote:The day this site starts really holding free votes to eject people is the day I will choose to leave it of my own free will!
To be fair none of us did it, it was the idea and action of the potential ejectee. Perhaps this one should have been nipped in the bud. C.

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”