Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

British Land Company PLC (BLND)

Share latest information on individual companies and hot news discussions. LSE Main Market companies only
Forum rules
No penny shares or promotional posts
maximan
2 Lemon pips

British Land Company PLC (BLND)

Postby maximan » January 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Just received a notification that Invesco Ltd registered in Atlanta USA have crossed the 5% threashold and hold 5.08% of the shares. They crossed on 29th January 2019.
https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... l/BLND/139

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: British Land Company PLC (BLND)

Postby Arborbridge » January 30th, 2019, 5:58 pm

maximan wrote:Just received a notification that Invesco Ltd registered in Atlanta USA have crossed the 5% threashold and hold 5.08% of the shares. They crossed on 29th January 2019.

Page not found error.

Is this the one:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 09600.html

maximan
2 Lemon pips

Postby maximan » January 30th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
maximan wrote:Just received a notification that Invesco Ltd registered in Atlanta USA have crossed the 5% threashold and hold 5.08% of the shares. They crossed on 29th January 2019.

Page not found error.

Is this the one:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 09600.html

Sorry Arborbridge try this link.
https://www.investegate.co.uk/british-l ... 06525936O/

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » January 30th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Thanks. I think it is probably the same transaction and might account for the slight increase in SP.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 31st, 2019, 5:36 am

Invesco are braver than little old me. I hold BLND, and they account for 2.6% in capital value of my 32 share HYP, so could probably do with a top up. I'm waiting for the Brexit saga to be resolved first.

Ian.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » February 17th, 2019, 1:07 pm

British Land RNS Announcements may be found here:

https://www.investegate.co.uk/CompData. ... ouncements

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 9GBGBXSET1

The “Investors” section of the company’s website is here:

https://www.britishland.com/investors

“Dividends” here:

https://www.britishland.com/investors/dividends

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » April 23rd, 2019, 10:14 pm

ADVFN's morning bulletin carried the following item today:

"British Land said it was selling 12 superstores from its joint venture with Sainsbury's for £429m, representing a net initial yield of 5.0%, to Realty Income Corporation. British Land's share of the proceeds will be £193.5m representing a “modest” premium to September 2018 book value."

This 50/50 joint venture apparently dates from 2008 (https://www.britishland.com/news-and-vi ... 26-03-2008) and I wasn't aware of it till today. I see Sainsbury's s.p. rose 1.19% but BLAND dropped 0.50%. I hold both but neither was doing me any favours so am hoping things will buck up from now on.

Pendrainllwyn
Lemon Slice

Postby Pendrainllwyn » April 24th, 2019, 12:09 am

I would have thought selling off some of their less attractive assets at a fraction over book value is good news for BLND share price in the long run.

Pendrainllwyn

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » April 24th, 2019, 12:38 am

The press release is here:

https://www.britishland.com/news-and-vi ... 23-04-2019

It includes:

This is the latest example of how we are delivering against our clear long-term strategy to build an increasingly mixed-use business focused on three core elements: campus focused London offices; a smaller, refocused Retail business and Residential, principally build to rent. As part of this, we expect Retail to comprise c.30-35% of the assets of our business, down from around half today. and ... our superstores exposure will fall to 1.3% of our portfolio based on September 2018 valuations with 6 standalone stores remaining..

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 15th, 2019, 7:11 am

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » July 19th, 2019, 7:13 am

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » October 1st, 2019, 8:55 am

Approval for Canada Water development:
www.investegate.co.uk/article.aspx?id=2 ... 2459O&fe=1

The creation of a new town centre at Canada Water in London passed a key milestone last night as Southwark Council Planning Committee resolved to grant planning permission for British Land's masterplan, in line with their officer's recommendation.
The Canada Water Masterplan is a 53-acre, mixed-use scheme that will deliver:
- around two million sq. ft. of workspace to accommodate around 20,000 jobs;
- around one million sq. ft. of retail, leisure, entertainment, education and community space; and
- around 3,000 new homes, of which 35% will be affordable.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2019, 7:20 am

Half yearly here; https://www.investegate.co.uk/british-l ... 00051869T/

Also posted on HYP Practical for HYPer chat.

Ian.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » November 13th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Quite like the look of these results. The market, perhaps, less so.

NAV per share is down to 856p, against a market price of 550p, so a considerable discount. BLND has targeted reducing its Retail exposure to about a third of its portfolio (over the next 5 years or so), and it is this sector that has suffered the majority of the declines in valuations. Impressively though BLND has been making sales of assets in this category ahead of book value. Few transactions make all retail properties hard to value, so there must be an element of caution in the valuations I would think, and suspect a wide variance between what would be achieved by a forced seller, and one with no pressure to realise assets. BLND would very much be in the latter category I would argue.

The Retail sector doesn't worry me, but clearly others have concerns, but it is the Office Sector and Development potential that interests me. For instance the Canada Water project has now received planning consent (with a resulting 12.4% valuation uplift), and works could start in spring 2020 depending on agreeing the headlease.

I am hoping, like most (I think), that with a general election, and Brexit being of less focus going forward fundamentals will be more of a driver than sentiment in market pricing in the not too distant future. It will be interesting to read the full year trading update in 6 months time. One of the larger components in my portfolio, so unlikely to be adding, but certainly no plans for even partial disposal on the back of these numbers for me.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2019, 2:28 pm

dealtn wrote:Quite like the look of these results. The market, perhaps, less so.

NAV per share is down to 856p, against a market price of 550p, so a considerable discount. BLND has targeted reducing its Retail exposure to about a third of its portfolio (over the next 5 years or so), and it is this sector that has suffered the majority of the declines in valuations. Impressively though BLND has been making sales of assets in this category ahead of book value. Few transactions make all retail properties hard to value, so there must be an element of caution in the valuations I would think, and suspect a wide variance between what would be achieved by a forced seller, and one with no pressure to realise assets. BLND would very much be in the latter category I would argue.

The Retail sector doesn't worry me, but clearly others have concerns, but it is the Office Sector and Development potential that interests me. For instance the Canada Water project has now received planning consent (with a resulting 12.4% valuation uplift), and works could start in spring 2020 depending on agreeing the headlease.

I am hoping, like most (I think), that with a general election, and Brexit being of less focus going forward fundamentals will be more of a driver than sentiment in market pricing in the not too distant future. It will be interesting to read the full year trading update in 6 months time. One of the larger components in my portfolio, so unlikely to be adding, but certainly no plans for even partial disposal on the back of these numbers for me.

I agree with your sentiments regarding these results. I've topped up 3 times this year and am up to my maximum spend on any given share in my HYP. They're now a 'hold' for me.

Ian.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 3rd, 2019, 9:24 am

This from TMF;

Got £10k to invest? I think this REIT is the perfect addition to your Stocks and Shares ISA!

As you may have realised, holding your savings in cash is probably not going to be enough to retire on. With interest rates as low as they are, and with little chance that they will rise in the future, the interest you will earn in a Cash ISA will not compound in a meaningful way. Assuming a 2% interest rate (quite generous by today’s standards) £10,000 put in a savings account today will compound to just £22,080 over the course of 40 years.

By contrast, investing that same £10,000 in the stock market at a 5% annual return will compound to a much more attractive £70,400 over the same length of time! See the difference? I think that investing in REITs (real estate investment trust) gives you a great chance of hitting that figure.

https://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2019/1 ... hares-isa/

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » December 3rd, 2019, 2:33 pm

How exactly is a marketing advert for a free special report "Company Share news"?

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 3rd, 2019, 2:50 pm

dealtn wrote:How exactly is a marketing advert for a free special report "Company Share news"?

Maybe it isn't, but why be beastly to someone who thought he was helping?

Do we want people to contribute and diseminate information, or do we want them to be discouraged?

I know which I'd prefer.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » December 3rd, 2019, 3:09 pm

Yikes, I wasn't attempting to be "beastly" (whatever that might be) to anyone, so apologies to both you, and him, if that was the case.

In fact it prompted me to look at the boards, and guidelines, which isn't something I would normally do. The point is that some boards are "...general discussion..." others are "...latest news... and ... discussions..."

Just seemed odd, at least to me, that on one that is surely "news" you get essentially a link to a third party site that is an advert, not even an article, for that site's services. If this site wants to have adverts for other sites on it, which it may or may not, even for finance sites I would think a more appropriate place would be How Do I Invest ("...get help getting started") or Share Ideas ("...Discuss Shares...tips and deals")

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 3rd, 2019, 3:32 pm

dealtn wrote:Yikes, I wasn't attempting to be "beastly" (whatever that might be) to anyone, so apologies to both you, and him, if that was the case.

In fact it prompted me to look at the boards, and guidelines, which isn't something I would normally do. The point is that some boards are "...general discussion..." others are "...latest news... and ... discussions..."

Just seemed odd, at least to me, that on one that is surely "news" you get essentially a link to a third party site that is an advert, not even an article, for that site's services. If this site wants to have adverts for other sites on it, which it may or may not, even for finance sites I would think a more appropriate place would be How Do I Invest ("...get help getting started") or Share Ideas ("...Discuss Shares...tips and deals")

Hey ho, you have a point. It's a quick look at BLND followed up by a notice that TMF can help you further - yes, a company recommendation followed by a plug - or advert, if you like.

However, Ian has been posting those sorts of notices for years, and no one has bothered to criticise him for it before. It isn't like an in yer face advert, and I would have though a pretty harmless reminder thatBLND is worth a look.

Nuff said from me. :)

Return to “Company Share news (LSE Main Market)”