Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Prince William ‘worried’ about Harry’s mental health

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Prince William ‘worried’ about Harry’s mental health

Postby Howyoudoin » October 21st, 2019, 8:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50128683

Must admit I’m worried too. I always thought Harry would grow up to be the ‘sensible’ one who could handle anything the media threw at him but it’s been the exact opposite. William and Kate have taken everything in their stride (topless photos included, let’s not forget) and Harry and Megan have spent their whole married life moaning about press intrusion and people being ‘racist’.

Some very good people have lost their jobs over making jibes about Harry and Megan and if they can’t handle the limelight they should take a break and step out of it.

HYD

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Prime William ‘worried’ about Harry’s mental health

Postby swill453 » October 21st, 2019, 8:55 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:Must admit I’m worried too. I always thought Harry would grow up to be the ‘sensible’ one who could handle anything the media threw at him but it’s been the exact opposite. William and Kate have taken everything in their stride (topless photos included, let’s not forget) and Harry and Megan have spent their whole married life moaning about press intrusion and people being ‘racist’.

I see it very differently. At such times that I venture onto the Daily Mail website, the frequency and cruelty of the attacks on Meghan have disgusted me. They're far more vicious than anything any other royal has to put up with. And could well be racist too. I've every sympathy with the couple.

(Hypothetically, a topless photo of Kate would probably elicit "Cor, hasn't Wills done well!". One of Meghan would get "Brazen hussy!".)

Scott.

Stonge
Lemon Slice

Re: Prince William ‘worried’ about Harry’s mental health

Postby Stonge » October 21st, 2019, 9:01 pm

Harry has taken William's affair as a personal betrayal of Diana's memory.

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Prime William ‘worried’ about Harry’s mental health

Postby Howyoudoin » October 21st, 2019, 9:15 pm

swill453 wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:Must admit I’m worried too. I always thought Harry would grow up to be the ‘sensible’ one who could handle anything the media threw at him but it’s been the exact opposite. William and Kate have taken everything in their stride (topless photos included, let’s not forget) and Harry and Megan have spent their whole married life moaning about press intrusion and people being ‘racist’.

I see it very differently. At such times that I venture onto the Daily Mail website, the frequency and cruelty of the attacks on Meghan have disgusted me. They're far more vicious than anything any other royal has to put up with. And could well be racist too. I've every sympathy with the couple.

(Hypothetically, a topless photo of Kate would probably elicit "Cor, hasn't Wills done well!". One of Meghan would get "Brazen hussy!".)

Scott.

Unusually, I don’t agree with anything you’ve written here but if it’s true, I reiterate that they should stop personal engagements and take themselves out of the limelight.

You might say that is unrealistic but there are many examples of previously famous people who have done just that. They need to be committed to it though and not think ‘I’ll just have a £10k spending spree down Oxford Circus to break up the monotony . . . ‘

HYD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » October 21st, 2019, 9:16 pm

Stonge wrote:Harry has taken William's affair as a personal betrayal of Diana's memory.

Er, what happened there then?

:shock:

HYD

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » October 21st, 2019, 9:42 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:
Stonge wrote:Harry has taken William's affair as a personal betrayal of Diana's memory.

HYD

"Prince Harry Might Have Known About Prince William’s Alleged Affair"
https://stylecaster.com/prince-william- ... arry-clue/

Other gossip rags are available.

VRD

Howyoudoin
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howyoudoin » October 21st, 2019, 9:59 pm

vrdiver wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:

HYD

VRD

Thanks for the info/link.

I don’t really know or care whether Wills has had an affair but I tend to look at the Spouse during these accusations to see if they believe it. Will and Kate look genuinely happy together whereas Harry and Megan . . . sour faced, go away media, we’re not interested in talking to you.

Maybe that’s just overcompensating on both sides huh? Nah, I don’t think so either.

It all seems so long ago when Harry and the Queen looked so comfortable on camera drumming up support for the Invictus Games.

HYD

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 21st, 2019, 11:18 pm

Howyoudoin wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-50128683

Must admit I’m worried too. I always thought Harry would grow up to be the ‘sensible’ one who could handle anything the media threw at him but it’s been the exact opposite. William and Kate have taken everything in their stride (topless photos included, let’s not forget) and Harry and Megan have spent their whole married life moaning about press intrusion and people being ‘racist’.

Some very good people have lost their jobs over making jibes about Harry and Megan and if they can’t handle the limelight they should take a break and step out of it.

HYD

I posted on PD about Harry's mental health a little bit back. It's always very difficult to tell if someone is suffering with mental health issues or just going through the mill of life, especially when one doesn't know the person. However, Harry has shown some classic symptoms of depression. Despite what we all think about his Royal background being one of privilege and bliss his childhood was in-fact quite disturbed.

Depression affects people judgement. It can also create feelings of paranoia. If the depression affects their sleep they will become detached from reasoned thought.

There's also one other factor clearly against Harry. His Mum clearly suffered with bouts of depression, be they reactive or inherent (congenital).

Some of you are aware that I suffered with depression for over 40 years before the correct diagnosis of sleep apnea. I have grown used to looking at those around me and (without deliberately looking) seeing the tell tail signs of my own behaviour.

Harry's family need to gather around him now. If he is suffering with mental health issues he needs support. And let's not forget his wife Meghan and their son Archie.

I have 1 sister and 8 cousins on my fathers side. Three have taken their own life. Three suffer with serious mental health issues, two more have manageable issues and one has no issues at all. I have left my mental health issues behind me.

I hope Harry and Meghan find some peace in the coming weeks and months. I hope his family do not take offence at any of his behaviours as they are highly likely to be symptomatic of depression.

Trust me ... no matter what we say or think about our sympathies for mental health issues when we are faced with them up front and have a member of our immediate family suffering with them we will find it difficult to cope and understand.

AiY

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » October 22nd, 2019, 9:31 am

Being rich and having luxuries doesn't really matter. Sure, it may make for a physically more comfortable environment, which isn't a bad thing, but if he's suffering from depression then he's in a worse state mentally than many of us "common" people. Not sure I'd have traded places with him when he was in good health, but definitely not with depression thrown in.

I like Harry. Never met him, most likely never will, but there's something about him, not least his ability to inspire his men to wear "I'm Harry too" t-shirts in an active combat zone. That he curtailed one of my favourite characters in "Suits" from reappearing in future episodes is something I'll get over eventually, but I'll forgive him and admire his good taste.

Perhaps more worrying is that his family tree has form on mental illness. The more cynical me does wonder if any rift between the brothers is being "packaged" by the palace in some attempt to keep William as pristine as possible, throwing Harry under a bus if necessary, to the reputation of the direct heir.

Never too early to get your conspiracy theory out there!

VRD

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » October 22nd, 2019, 10:24 am

It's all media rubbish.

You're hungry you get fed

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/motorhe ... ghead.html

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 22nd, 2019, 10:54 am

I'm one of those who took rather a long time to come round to Harry. The red-haired extrovert-loony of the family who explored just about every extreme of teenage rebellion, including snorting cocaine, berserk dangerous sports and wearing a nazi uniform at parties. And generally being loud, physical, provocative and irresponsible. No wonder the rumour mills used to buzz so much about paternity tests at the Palace. Where would it all end?

Seems to me that it's all ended rather well, considering. I mean, considering that the poor little bastard was (and presumably still is) carrying the scars of his mother's death, after which he and William were forced to march behind her funeral cortege and salute her coffin. Not something that you'd choose to put any twelve year old through. And then considering all the public sniggering about his mother's (undenied) extramarital exploits, and the certain knowledge that his cold, distant father had been doing the same sort of thing, and so on.

And yes, considering that there's a good chance that he may have inherited something that may have been depressive tendency and may have been worse than that. (I once had a wife with an inherited psychosis that had come up again and again in her family, so I'm especially sympathetic to that possibility.)

And here we are, with this rather engaging young adult who seems able to inspire loyalty, and who has definitely found a niche in the Invictus/armed forces area. Good on you, kid, I was cheering your wedding day with the best of them. But this horrible press treatment he's been getting this year from the Scum and the Wail - tinged, to no-one's surprise, with racist overtones - is simply disgusting.

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Palace is behind this. Although, FWIW, it wouldn't be the first time that the House of Windsor/Hanover/whatever had had red-haired, irresponsible, womanising or swastika-toting characters in the family. (All of Philip's sisters married Nazis too.) Hang in there, Harry.

BJ

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » October 22nd, 2019, 11:11 am

I expect Uncle Andrew is grateful - takes some of the spotlight off him.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Postby scrumpyjack » October 22nd, 2019, 3:46 pm

Yawn, can't really see why people are bothered about this or interested?

I suppose it's better than having a President Kinnock though as a 'figurehead'

todthedog
Lemon Slice

Postby todthedog » October 22nd, 2019, 3:49 pm

Bring on the republic :D

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 22nd, 2019, 4:23 pm

I can't say I am worried about Harry's mental health. He of anyone is surely in a position to get the best treatment. I think though that marrying Megan was not necessarily the best idea. That, simply because of her background and so on, will not make things any easier for him.

William seems to have got over the trauma of his mother's death. Harry needs to as well.

Dod

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » October 22nd, 2019, 10:53 pm

Dod101 wrote:I think though that marrying Megan was not necessarily the best idea.

A Royal, marrying for love! Whatever will they do next?! ;)

VRD

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 22nd, 2019, 11:14 pm

Indeed. But that is not how the world (or at least our Royalty) works. Obviously the second son of the Monarch-to-be can do what he likes with virtually unrestricted funds. No point in bleating to the world's press as he should know. Marry who he likes but then keep a low profile as he will never be of any importance to anyone. The Duke of Windsor in the 1930s may just have got that right. Harry may well learn that but he is going about it the hard way.

Dod

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Postby panamagold » October 23rd, 2019, 10:22 am

Ex-squadie and grandson of dysfunctional family marries 'z' list celebrity. Watch while the drama unfolds. :roll:

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » October 23rd, 2019, 10:47 am

Howyoudoin wrote:
vrdiver wrote:
Howyoudoin wrote:

HYD

VRD

Thanks for the info/link.

I don’t really know or care whether Wills has had an affair but I tend to look at the Spouse during these accusations to see if they believe it. Will and Kate look genuinely happy together whereas Harry and Megan . . . sour faced, go away media, we’re not interested in talking to you.

Maybe that’s just overcompensating on both sides huh? Nah, I don’t think so either.

It all seems so long ago when Harry and the Queen looked so comfortable on camera drumming up support for the Invictus Games.

HYD

I must read the right papers; I hadn't read a word about that and find it difficult to believe. They both always look so happy and William seems far to nice and sensible to betray his lovely wife and children. Why on earth would he want to? Who could be better from every point of view than Kate?

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » October 23rd, 2019, 10:48 am

Snorvey wrote:I'm sure Harry will be fine.

A few weeks in Branston's luxury holiday paradise Necker Island will sort him out.

Meanwhile the rest of us will just have to get on with things the best we can.

I hope he doesn't get too pickled while he is there.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”