Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS 11.71 view dividend

Discussions regarding financial software
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

HYPTUSS 11.71 view dividend

Postby Arborbridge » October 29th, 2019, 9:11 am

The view dividend tab has stopped working and I receive a not found error:

The requested URL /company.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.3 (ClearOS) Server at www.investorease.com Port 80

It seems the website has closed down recently

Is there an alternative?

In hope!

Arb.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS 11.71 view dividend

Postby kiloran » October 29th, 2019, 10:07 am

Drat!
There was talk of the Investorease website closing a year or whatever ago, so I've been keeping an eye on the site every few weeks. It was OK when I checked last week, but it's now certainly closed http://www.investorease.com/
Closure Notice

This website is now closed.

We would like to thank the many thousands of users that have visited this free website over the past 20 years.

We strongly recommend the award-winning Trustnet website as an alternative: Please Click Here to visit the Trustnet Website

Trustnet is hardly an alternative since it only covers ITs.

You can change the dividend source on the Parameters sheet. There is a choice of Dividend Data, or ADVFN. DD probably has better data, but gets grumpy if you make too many requests.

I'll make another search for an alternative source of dividends, but the last time I looked, there's not much out there.

--kiloran

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » October 29th, 2019, 10:15 am

That's a pity, as it was the one I used most too, but ADVFN still seems to be working fine. Just switch it over in the Parameters tab. (I assume that the Excel version has the same options as the OpenOffice version)

Edited - Kiloran beat me to it by seconds!

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 29th, 2019, 10:22 am

kiloran wrote:You can change the dividend source on the Parameters sheet. There is a choice of Dividend Data, or ADVFN. DD probably has better data, but gets grumpy if you make too many requests.

I'll make another search for an alternative source of dividends, but the last time I looked, there's not much out there.

--kiloran

Until you wrote that, I had never noticed that there was a parameters sheet!

The ADVFN site is the more complete choice, but it's a real shame that investorease has ceased. I really loved the clear layout and it was easy to navigate to find further details. No doubt I'll get used to ADVFN - thanks for the alternative.

Arb.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 29th, 2019, 10:43 am

spiderbill wrote:That's a pity, as it was the one I used most too, but ADVFN still seems to be working fine. Just switch it over in the Parameters tab. (I assume that the Excel version has the same options as the OpenOffice version)

Edited - Kiloran beat me to it by seconds!

Thanks, yes it worked OK, and the ADVFN page looks quite good. I've just got to get used to it, but it's all there.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 29th, 2019, 10:49 am

A possible alternative is https://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/fundamentals/LLOY

Seems to be fast and grabbing data uses the usual stock symbols. I've tended to ignore it in the past because it's run by (grits teeth) the Daily Mail.

I'll investigate it further and consider adding it to HYPTUSS as an Investorease replacement sometime in the future.

--kiloran

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 29th, 2019, 11:34 am

kiloran wrote:A possible alternative is https://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/fundamentals/LLOY

Seems to be fast and grabbing data uses the usual stock symbols. I've tended to ignore it in the past because it's run by (grits teeth) the Daily Mail.

I'll investigate it further and consider adding it to HYPTUSS as an Investorease replacement sometime in the future.

--kiloran

DM! Urgh. Against my religion, but I must say it could be a good choice. The type face is easy to read and most of what you want is on immediate display. The div history is shorter, if that's important to anyone.
Yes, go for it! (if nothing better occurs)

Arb

PS I've just tried JEMI and notice that the DM site does not quote a yield, whereas ADFVN does (and it's correct).

seagles
Lemon Slice

Postby seagles » October 31st, 2019, 11:16 am

Problem is that ADFVN seems to be inaccurate for IT's. see Below. as you say "dividenddata" does not like multiple hits, only gave results for 10 of my portfolio. Will have to wait for IAAGs dividend thread to appear......... will also now take more notice of the RNS from Investegate.

Off topic but as of today the GNK (Greene King) some links no longer work. Was expected but may throw some people if they just run the "tool".

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » October 31st, 2019, 8:51 pm

seagles wrote:Problem is that ADFVN seems to be inaccurate for IT's. see Below. as you say "dividenddata" does not like multiple hits, only gave results for 10 of my portfolio. Will have to wait for IAAGs dividend thread to appear......... will also now take more notice of the RNS from Investegate.

You are right, Seagles. Dividend Data appear to have tightened up even further. I ran my normal end-month update and only got 10 results back before it locked me out (it previously handled 30-odd shares without problem). It was the same on the Excel and LibreOffice versions. I tried several times with a different IP address (using a VPN) and it always locked me out after 10 results.

Why don't they just put a message on their website stating that customers are unwelcome?

I'll try and find an alternative source or a workaround.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm

kiloran wrote:
seagles wrote:Problem is that ADFVN seems to be inaccurate for IT's. see Below. as you say "dividenddata" does not like multiple hits, only gave results for 10 of my portfolio. Will have to wait for IAAGs dividend thread to appear......... will also now take more notice of the RNS from Investegate.

You are right, Seagles. Dividend Data appear to have tightened up even further. I ran my normal end-month update and only got 10 results back before it locked me out (it previously handled 30-odd shares without problem). It was the same on the Excel and LibreOffice versions. I tried several times with a different IP address (using a VPN) and it always locked me out after 10 results.

Why don't they just put a message on their website stating that customers are unwelcome?

I'll try and find an alternative source or a workaround.

--kiloran

I just tried Dividend Data with a manual browse using Chrome. Got some data, refreshed the page, refreshed again, etc. After 10 refreshes (around 5s between each), it locked me out with the message "Looks like we're having some server issues". The only solution is to reboot my router to get a new IP address. Their blacklist of offending IP addresses must be enormous.

They just HATE people using their website.

--kiloran

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”