Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Investegate email alerts stopped arriving

Discussions regarding financial software
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: Investegate email alerts stopped arriving

Postby Breelander » October 31st, 2019, 5:04 pm

My new registration has now received three email alerts which were auto-forwarded from my btinternet account to my yahoo email. Signing in and filtering by 'my alerts' shows there should have been eight by now. Signing in to my btinternet email shows all eight were there.

So it looks like it's yahoo that's blocking these email alerts. They are not appearing at all - not even in the Spam folder. Yes they are, the remaining forwarded ones are (or rather were) there after all. Now marked as 'not spam' :-)

Still nothing for the alerts that should be addressed direct to the Yahoo account though.

Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

Postby Davidsb » November 1st, 2019, 8:53 am

I'm with Virgin Media (@virginmedia.com) which is (I think) run by gmail. I'm in the same boat as others around here, in that I had no problems up to 18/10, but nothing delivered since then.

I have scoured the Virgin Media webmail site, and can find lots of ways to blacklist/block/refuse specific senders, but I have been unable to locate the ability to whitelist a specific sender.

I am now going down the Virgin Mail Help system - as Captain Oates (I think) said, "I may be some time..."

;¬)

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » November 1st, 2019, 9:32 am

Davidsb wrote:I'm with Virgin Media (@virginmedia.com) which is (I think) run by gmail.

It was with gmail up till a few years ago, but not any more I believe.

Scott.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 1st, 2019, 10:06 pm

Davidsb wrote:I'm with Virgin Media (@virginmedia.com) which is (I think) run by gmail. I'm in the same boat as others around here, in that I had no problems up to 18/10, but nothing delivered since then.

I received 26 alerts today sent to my newly registered account with a BTinternet address, still nothing received for my original registration with a Yahoo email account.

Now the really curious thing is that my BT internet and my 'plain vanilla' Yahoo are both run by Yahoo.:roll:

So, it seems unlikely that it's Yahoo that are blocking the alert emails. It seems more likely that something at Investegate has corrupted some existing accounts. My advice to anyone still not receiving alerts is to register again with another email address (even one from the same provider may be sufficient).

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 2nd, 2019, 3:55 pm

Breelander wrote:My new registration has now received three email alerts which were auto-forwarded from my btinternet account to my yahoo email. Signing in and filtering by 'my alerts' shows there should have been eight by now. Signing in to my btinternet email shows all eight were there.

So it looks like it's yahoo that's blocking these email alerts. They are not appearing at all - not even in the Spam folder. Yes they are, the remaining forwarded ones are (or rather were) there after all. Now marked as 'not spam' :-)

Still nothing for the alerts that should be addressed direct to the Yahoo account though.

My yahoo acct. won't let me see spam items earlier than around mid-Oct. I had missed some ADVFN and Inestegate alerts and wondered whether they had gone in there but unable to find out.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 2nd, 2019, 6:44 pm

Bouleversee wrote:My yahoo acct. won't let me see spam items earlier than around mid-Oct. I had missed some ADVFN and Inestegate alerts and wondered whether they had gone in there but unable to find out.

Messages in the Yahoo Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days, you should still have anything that went to Spam back to the beginning of October. So looks like you had no spam earlier than mid-October. (Unless it was from September or earlier).

Yahoo wrote:By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency - Trash is deleted after 7 days.
Spam deletion frequency - Spam is deleted after 30 days.
https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-f ... n3518.html
Last edited by Breelander on November 2nd, 2019, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » November 2nd, 2019, 6:46 pm

Bouleversee wrote:My yahoo acct. won't let me see spam items earlier than around mid-Oct. I had missed some ... Investegate alerts and wondered whether they had gone in there but unable to find out.

I don't know if you've read the entire thread but, in case not, you can look back at old "UserAnnouncements" at https://www.investegate.co.uk/UserAnnouncements.aspx.

Found at the foot of "My alerts" https://www.investegate.co.uk/Watchlist.aspx where it says "Announcements filtered by registered alerts".

There it gives options for "Last : 1 Week | 1 Month | 3 Months | 6 Months" which should cover it for you.

If one wants to go further back, one can change the end 6 here https://www.investegate.co.uk/UserAnnouncements.aspx?pno=3&span=6 to a 12 and you should then end up with 12 months if of any interest https://www.investegate.co.uk/UserAnnouncements.aspx?pno=3&span=12. More probably available but I haven't checked.

That doesn't resolve the non receipt of emails, of course, although Bree has provided some suggestions.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 2nd, 2019, 8:56 pm

Many thanks to both.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 4th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Investegate offer the option of an RSS feed. Why not use that in preference to email? Altogether less hassle, and you're fully in control!

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » November 4th, 2019, 3:42 pm

I might if I knew what it was. Haven't a clue.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 6th, 2019, 12:12 am

Bouleversee wrote:I might if I knew what it was. Haven't a clue.

You can subscribe by clicking the RSS link on an investegate page for the company you're interested in. For example, in my feed today was another report of losing money at https://www.investegate.co.uk/article.a ... 75459H1933 . The RSS link is on the right, just above the report itself and at the bottom of the investegate header boilerplate. Clicking on it would subscribe me if I wasn't already subscribed.

If you don't have an RSS reader app, most web browsers and mail clients can read RSS for you.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » November 7th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Breelander wrote:So, it seems unlikely that it's Yahoo that are blocking the alert emails. It seems more likely that something at Investegate has corrupted some existing accounts. My advice to anyone still not receiving alerts is to register again with another email address (even one from the same provider may be sufficient).

Tried that and ended up with this message:

Reset Your Password
Please provide the following details.
An account could not be found for the provided user ID.
E-mail address verified. You can now continue.

I've therefore changed back to the original yahoo.co.uk email address, which has been accepted, and will see if any alerts arrive!

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 7th, 2019, 3:25 pm

PinkDalek wrote:I've therefore changed back to the original yahoo.co.uk email address, which has been accepted, and will see if any alerts arrive!

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I still have had no new alerts to my original registration/email address. My completely new registration with a btinternet address (which I've set to forward all received mail to my main email) has received 13 alerts so far today.

keith

Postby keith » November 13th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Hi

as suggested I have changed my password and put a new alert on my list

hopefully something will happen

Keith

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 13th, 2019, 4:57 pm

keith wrote:as suggested I have changed my password and put a new alert on my list
hopefully something will happen

Don't get your hopes up :(

Whatever I do, my original registration still refuses to send me alerts. My completely new registration with a different email address continues to send alerts, six more today.

The only 'fix' that seems to work is to register again as a completely new user.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » November 14th, 2019, 11:22 am

Yesterday's SSE results were posted at 7am, my email arrived at 8pm...

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 14th, 2019, 1:58 pm

yorkshirelad1 wrote:Yesterday's SSE results were posted at 7am, my email arrived at 8pm...

That, at least, is 'normal' behaviour. Mine arrived then too. Investegate has suffered from these random delays for as long as I have been subscribed.

Tigger

Postby Tigger » December 6th, 2019, 6:50 am

Is anyone else receiving multiple copies of recent alerts?

I set up mine with a new email address a month or so ago and it's been fine since, if very slow.

But I think I've had Wednesday's alert five times now.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 6th, 2019, 9:43 am

I seem to be getting alerts about price monitoring extensions for Horizon Discovery with amazing frequency but I haven't checked whether they are duplicates and had assumed they were just happening a lot. I was about to go on a forum and see if anyone knew what was going on. If I can retrieve them I'll check on the dates. I don't seem to be getting anything else, however and nor do I seem to be getting alerts to posts on the ADVFN boards I had elected to receive and used to do so.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » December 6th, 2019, 9:57 am

They are duplicates, or possibly even triplicates; haven't gone back further.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”