Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Paper hankies

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Paper hankies

Postby Rhyd6 » November 8th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Most useful items, easy to carry, handy to have, easy to dispose of BUT the spawn of the devil when you miss one in a load of washing!!!!! I've just spent a cold 15 minutes standing outside trying to shake what seems like thousands of pieces of confetti off wet washing. I swear I checked each sleeve before I put the washing into the machine, there was nothing in sight so where did the damn things come from. @@*****@@@!!! and various other epithets.

R6

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Paper hankies

Postby bungeejumper » November 8th, 2019, 4:08 pm

In our household, the younger womenfolk have always seemed to stuff them down their bras. :lol:

Agreed, though, a loose tissue in the wash is one of life's more annoying certainties. Along with the proven fact that if I put a pair of socks into the machine, one of them will come out paler than the other. And that my white shirt (funerals only) will always seek out the company of a newish pair of denim jeans. ;)

Tumble dryers can help with the tissues, but intensive pre-wash quality control is cheaper.

BJ

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » November 8th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Tumble dryers can help with the tissues..

but can cause their own problems if you've left a Biro in there somewhere...

Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Postby Bminusrob » November 9th, 2019, 9:54 am

I have no sympathy. When did you last see a handkerchief broken up into thousands of pieces and spread round the washing. They were invented for a reason. My wife is the same. Frequently one gets missed, and added to the washing machine, if it hasn't already been dropped on the ground like a modern day version of Hansel and Gretel (usually Gretel, I find).

However, and I know that Bitter Lemons is not the place to be useful, Ikea amongst other places make a rather useful device called a lint roller, which has sticky tape facing outwards so you can remove bits of fluff or tissue, then the outer sticky layer can be removed when the sticky bit is full of fluff, to expose another sticky layer. Handkerchieves are a much better solution.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 9th, 2019, 11:03 am

Bminusrob wrote:They were invented for a reason. My wife is the same.

From a spare rib, or some more modern purpose?
Frequently one gets missed, and added to the washing machine, if it hasn't already been dropped on the ground like a modern day version of Hansel and Gretel (usually Gretel, I find).

The analogy eludes me. Who gets dropped on the ground, and what difference does it make to putting a handkerchief in the wash?

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » November 9th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Breadcrumbs, though birds aren’t so fond of paper hankies I believe.

Return to “Bitter Lemons”