Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Unicorn droppings

Grumpy Old Lemons Like You
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Unicorn droppings

Postby bungeejumper » January 14th, 2020, 12:03 pm

servodude wrote:PE teachers were a funny breed; creepy and intimidating in a way that even the priests couldn't muster.
And bitter, really bitter that they weren't still doing whatever their excuse for not getting a real job was.

Most PE teachers in the 1950s and 1960s were ex-army instructor types who'd been demobbed and then set loose on school classes without so much as a week's training. Sensitivity wasn't exactly their strongest quality.

Just for the memory. Brian Glover on excellent form as the games master in Kes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9nDHupVqVw . I used to know Ken Loach (director) a little bit, and he used to agree that this sequence still brought back more school memories than he cared to admit. :|

BJ

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » January 14th, 2020, 12:39 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
servodude wrote:PE teachers were a funny breed; creepy and intimidating in a way that even the priests couldn't muster.
And bitter, really bitter that they weren't still doing whatever their excuse for not getting a real job was.

Most PE teachers in the 1950s and 1960s were ex-army instructor types who'd been demobbed and then set loose on school classes without so much as a week's training. Sensitivity wasn't exactly their strongest quality.

Just for the memory. Brian Glover on excellent form as the games master in Kes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9nDHupVqVw . I used to know Ken Loach (director) a little bit, and he used to agree that this sequence still brought back more school memories than he cared to admit. :|

BJ

This guy was 2 decades later, had briefly played for Scotland (Union of course) and probably thought that Kes was an instruction video (excellent as it was). Still did Latin and Greek in the 80s though which was really useful on the streets of Barrhead (all hail "assisted places")

-sd

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 14th, 2020, 2:43 pm

servodude wrote:This guy was 2 decades later, had briefly played for Scotland (Union of course)
-sd

I ndont think Ive ever heard of a PE teacher from Scotland that didnt allegedly have a cap at union! LOL.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » January 14th, 2020, 8:36 pm

didds wrote:
servodude wrote:This guy was 2 decades later, had briefly played for Scotland (Union of course)
-sd

I ndont think Ive ever heard of a PE teacher from Scotland that didnt allegedly have a cap at union! LOL.

True. I suspect the girl that taught hockey would have got a game at the time also
-sd

Return to “Bitter Lemons”