Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to csearle,brightncheerful,Dormouse,Silverstar64,dave559, for Donating to support the site

The Renewable Inrastructure Group (TRIG)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Re: The Renewable Inrastructure Group (TRIG)

Postby MaraMan » October 7th, 2020, 3:20 pm

The Times today, in its Tempus column, talks about TRIG and still advises it readers to buy. This recommendation started back in May, since when the SP has risen by 14.2%, and continues still. They say that investors have tended to view TRIG as a safe haven investment during the pandemic because almost three quarters of it's revenues are locked in for five years or more. The Govt's pushing of wind farms and resulting new projects should give TRIG a wider array of investments to choose from, but of course this depends on wholesale energy prices not falling. TRIG currently has 74 investments, including 45 wind farms and 28 solar power operators, in ireland, France, Sweden, Germany and of course Britain.

MM

UncleEbenezer
Lemon Half

Postby UncleEbenezer » October 7th, 2020, 4:31 pm

MaraMan wrote:The Times today, in its Tempus column, talks about TRIG and still advises it readers to buy.
MM

For some kinds of stock I'd look to evaluate that as a possible Sell signal.

In TRIG's case I won't. It's about as secure an income stream as exists in today's market, and while a capital correction is by no means unlikely, it's extremely unlikely to happen on the scale of, say, a Growth investment.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » October 9th, 2020, 2:12 pm

I thought this might be of interest to those interested in renewables like TRIG and JLEN:

Should you ditch energy giants as the age of oil ends and swap to investments that look to green energy instead?

There has been talk of the demise of oil and gas for decades. But you know that things are getting serious when even the boss of oil giant BP, Bernard Looney, warns that demand for oil may peak in the next few years and then decline.

The so-called energy transition from fossil fuels to renewables is gaining momentum.

And Looney's comments are among a series of indicators in recent days that suggest it could play out sooner than previously thought.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/inv ... -ends.html

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » November 4th, 2020, 10:06 pm

This might be of interest, - Gravis Clean Energy, - an alternative investment that targets the same sector. It's holdings include: TRIG, JLEN and NESF:
Gravis Clean Energy: March crash shows need to go global
By Jeremy Gordon 17 Aug, 2020
March’s coronavirus crash has highlighted how divergent opportunities in renewable energy can be in different parts of the world, according to Gravis fund manager Will Argent.
His Clean Energy Income fund, launched in December 2017, has more than doubled in size this year from £51m at the end of December to around £120m on 11 August, as investor demand for sustainable investing has spiked.

https://citywire.co.uk/funds-insider/ne ... l/a1390718

ReallyVeryFoolish
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReallyVeryFoolish » November 5th, 2020, 9:39 am

richfool wrote:This might be of interest, - Gravis Clean Energy, - an alternative investment that targets the same sector. It's holdings include: TRIG, JLEN and NESF:
March’s coronavirus crash has highlighted how divergent opportunities in renewable energy can be in different parts of the world, according to Gravis fund manager Will Argent.
His Clean Energy Income fund, launched in December 2017, has more than doubled in size this year from £51m at the end of December to around £120m on 11 August, as investor demand for sustainable investing has spiked.

Thanks, I pointed this fund out a few weeks ago without much interest. I think it isn't really the kind of fund that TLFers typically like and I understand why. But I still rather like it, though I haven't bought it just yet.

RVF

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » November 5th, 2020, 10:10 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
richfool wrote:This might be of interest, - Gravis Clean Energy, - an alternative investment that targets the same sector. It's holdings include: TRIG, JLEN and NESF:

Thanks, I pointed this fund out a few weeks ago without much interest. I think it isn't really the kind of fund that TLFers typically like and I understand why. But I still rather like it, though I haven't bought it just yet.

RVF

Yes, agreed. I don't hold OIEC's/funds, preferring to hold IT's for their ease of trading, amongst other factors. One of the reasons I looked at the article and at Gravis Clean Energy, was to see what companies they invest in. It was reassuring to note that Gravis Clean Energy hold JLEN and TRIG, both of which I hold, though I did recently reduce my holdings of both.

I bought into IEM a few weeks ago and most recently bought some BERI.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » November 11th, 2020, 4:03 pm

For those interested, TRIG has acquired an Offshore Wind Farm in East Anglia:
The Board of TRIG is pleased to announce that the Company has exchanged contracts to acquire a 14.3% indirect equity interest in East Anglia One, a 714MW newly constructed operational offshore wind farm located off the coast of Suffolk in the North Sea ("the Project"), from Green Investment Group ("GIG"). The investment has been made in a 50% interest in the holding company through which GIG's initial investment was made (the "Holding Company"). The investment is subject to a consent from The Crown Estate and is expected to complete by Q1 2021. Following completion of the transaction, offshore wind investments are expected to represent approximately 29% of TRIG's portfolio.

TRIG has partnered with InfraRed European Infrastructure Income Fund 4 ("IREIIF4") for the transaction, a fund managed by InfraRed, which will acquire a 5.7% indirect equity interest in the project alongside TRIG. This is consistent with TRIG's strategy of partnering with aligned co-investors on larger transactions. TRIG's investment will be financed from a combination of its existing cash balance and a drawdown from the Group's revolving acquisition facility.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/renew-inf ... 00029057E/

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”