Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Calorie Free Beer

your favourite tipple - wine, beer, spirits
Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Calorie Free Beer

Postby Rhyd6 » November 7th, 2020, 11:34 pm

Or at least something that doesn't make you feel so guilty about enjoying a drink. Anyone got any recommendations. OH has been threatened by Doc that he must lose weight. No quibbles from me but he does enjoy the odd glass of beer so any recommendations gratefully received.

R6

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Calorie Free Beer

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 8th, 2020, 9:25 am

Alternative suggestion: if thirsty, start with a pint (or as much as it takes) of iced water. Take the edge off that thirst, so once he starts on the beer he's sipping for pleasure rather than quaffing to slake thirst and needing more.

Enjoy the pleasure, but in moderation!

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » November 8th, 2020, 9:32 am

Hmmm, interesting. Even Bavaria alcohol free has around 80 kcal per can, which surprised me. Some thoughts here (https://www.skinnybooze.co.uk/collectio ... lorie-beer , or https://www.popsugar.co.uk/fitness/Top- ... t-44906763). But they're all lagers, mostly American, and I couldn't say I fancy the sound of very many of them. Maybe the Heineken would work?

BJ

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » November 8th, 2020, 9:44 am

Free beer? Where?

AiY

Leif
Lemon Pip

Postby Leif » February 7th, 2021, 9:36 am

Brewdog alcohol free beer is lower calorie, about 50 calories a bottle, the Punk AF and Hazy AF are very tasty, I prefer them to the real stuff. But best not to drink regularly, real coffee and cold water from the fridge are my drinks.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 8th, 2021, 8:35 am

Leif wrote:Brewdog alcohol free beer is lower calorie, about 50 calories a bottle, the Punk AF and Hazy AF are very tasty, I prefer them to the real stuff.

Must be a matter of taste. Admittedly I don't go for citrus hops very much, but Punk AF (canned) was probably the toughest drinking challenge I have ever faced. I gave the remaining three cans to my neighbour, who is a devoted Brewdog fan, and he failed to drink it too. :lol:
But best not to drink regularly, real coffee and cold water from the fridge are my drinks.

I try to limit my coffee to half a pint a day, and definitely not in the evenings. :D But yes, R6's husband would probably be better off seeking an alternative rather than a direct beer substitute. Sparkling water does it for me, although I don't seem to be able to find the intensely carbonated stuff that they used to sell in Germany. Blew your head off, it had such a kick. :) Or something ginger-based?

BJ

Leif
Lemon Pip

Postby Leif » February 8th, 2021, 1:16 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
Leif wrote:Brewdog alcohol free beer is lower calorie, about 50 calories a bottle, the Punk AF and Hazy AF are very tasty, I prefer them to the real stuff.

Must be a matter of taste. Admittedly I don't go for citrus hops very much, but Punk AF (canned) was probably the toughest drinking challenge I have ever faced. I gave the remaining three cans to my neighbour, who is a devoted Brewdog fan, and he failed to drink it too. :lol:
But best not to drink regularly, real coffee and cold water from the fridge are my drinks.

I try to limit my coffee to half a pint a day, and definitely not in the evenings. :D But yes, R6's husband would probably be better off seeking an alternative rather than a direct beer substitute. Sparkling water does it for me, although I don't seem to be able to find the intensely carbonated stuff that they used to sell in Germany. Blew your head off, it had such a kick. :) Or something ginger-based?

BJ

Indeed, it is very subjective. I loathe Budweiser and most commercial beers. I can drink Becks Blue but Inprefer not too as it’s too sweet.

Some people just don’t like American and other modern hops.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » February 8th, 2021, 1:55 pm

bungeejumper wrote: Sparkling water does it for me, although I don't seem to be able to find the intensely carbonated stuff that they used to sell in Germany. Blew your head off, it had such a kick. :) Or something ginger-based?

BJ

Back in the day, we had a soda stream device for making carbonated water drinks. Came with thumb-sized pierce to open gas canisters which were far too small. They have come on a bit since:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Soda+stream

Return to “Drink”