Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Hyptuss Run time error

Discussions regarding financial software
Ma1co1m
Posts: 6
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235604

Postby Ma1co1m » July 10th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Hi

Excel 2010 version 14.0.7232.5000(64 bit)

Haven't tried those fixes yet. I'll try to give it a go when I get time. I just did that quick post so you knew it wasn't just 1 user who had the issue

ma1co1m

kiloran
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1907
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 849 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235612

Postby kiloran » July 10th, 2019, 5:01 pm

Ma1co1m wrote:Hi

Excel 2010 version 14.0.7232.5000(64 bit)

Haven't tried those fixes yet. I'll try to give it a go when I get time. I just did that quick post so you knew it wasn't just 1 user who had the issue

ma1co1m

It may not be the cause of your problem, but using 64-bit Excel generally has more disadvantages than advantages for most users. It can handle bigger file sizes than the 32-bit version, but they need to be truly massive to make a difference. Many add-ins for Excel are 32-bit only and may fail on the 64-bit version.

Even if your OS is 64-bit, it is still generally recommended to use 32-bit Excel.
https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 6f49b8d261

Our development uses 32-bit Excel. We've seen issues with 64-bit HYPTUSS in the past and I installed a 64-bit version to try to overcome the issues, but I no longer have that version

--kiloran

Ma1co1m
Posts: 6
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235692

Postby Ma1co1m » July 10th, 2019, 8:37 pm

kiloran

Well this is the first time I've delved into VBA so I don't really know what I am doing, but the yellow highlight was at the end of a similar ( but different ) bit to Rob's so I changed the link in quotes as follows :

' Open the Digital Look website for the relevant share, and then scrape the data
oXMLHTTP.Open "GET", "https://www.sharecast.com" + CStr(csi), False
oXMLHTTP.send

and saved the file then went back to Excel and pressed the button. Got no error, but nothing else happened.

To be honest, I'm not a tinkerer, and have stopped adding funds to my HYP so the yield was really of academic interest only and I'm content to do without it.
If you want me to try anything else ( in case other folks come up with the same problem ) I'm happy to do that but otherwise you can just forget it.

And I'd like to add my sincere appreciation for the hard work that you both put into this spreadsheet :-)

ma1co1m

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3672
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 1209 times
Been thanked: 2239 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235696

Postby Itsallaguess » July 10th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Ma1co1m wrote:
Well this is the first time I've delved into VBA so I don't really know what I am doing, but the yellow highlight was at the end of a similar ( but different ) bit to Rob's so I changed the link in quotes as follows :

' Open the Digital Look website for the relevant share, and then scrape the data
oXMLHTTP.Open "GET", "https://www.sharecast.com" + CStr(csi), False
oXMLHTTP.send

and saved the file then went back to Excel and pressed the button. Got no error, but nothing else happened.


There's a chance that you may have still been in 'VBA error mode' at that point - can you please make sure the spreadsheet is closed, and then re-open it with the above change implemented, and try it again?

I'd be interested in your findings, as you've made the change that should enable the process to now work, so if it's still not working then we will hopefully be able to help with that...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Ma1co1m
Posts: 6
Joined: November 5th, 2016, 11:14 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235707

Postby Ma1co1m » July 10th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Aha ! Well, I did say I didn't know what I was doing............ :-)

Yup, that's working now, having closed and reopened the sheet

Many thanks, you're a star !!

ma1co1m

Itsallaguess
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 3672
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Has thanked: 1209 times
Been thanked: 2239 times

Re: Hyptuss Run time error

#235712

Postby Itsallaguess » July 10th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Ma1co1m wrote:
Yup, that's working now, having closed and reopened the sheet.


Great news, and thanks for reporting back that you're all back up and running.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess


Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests