Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to SalvorHardin,Anonymous,johnhemming,Anonymous,Rhyd6, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus Health

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
look
Lemon Pip

Re: Coronavirus Health

Postby look » July 27th, 2020, 2:47 pm

sg31 wrote:I know nothing about those capsules but as far as I'm aware non invasive ventiation is now standard practice in many areas. It has reduced the need for ventilators dramatically although that option is still used if non invasive techniques do not work.

My knowledge of this is a little dated now.

I've no idea if the inventor of the 'Vanessa' capsule was the first to suggest non invasive ventilation but I doubt it. Mr Google had no hits under Vanessa Capsule when I looked this morning although the inventer could have published his findings under some other title.

It seems that you didn't watch the video. It's not the first ... but it's cheap and good, they say.
The video has legends in english. Here a link with text in english.

https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... ients.html

it seems it didn't get the attention of world midia.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » July 27th, 2020, 8:05 pm

sg31 wrote:I know nothing about those capsules but as far as I'm aware non invasive ventiation is now standard practice in many areas. It has reduced the need for ventilators dramatically although that option is still used if non invasive techniques do not work.

My knowledge of this is a little dated now.

I've no idea if the inventor of the 'Vanessa' capsule was the first to suggest non invasive ventilation but I doubt it. Mr Google had no hits under Vanessa Capsule when I looked this morning although the inventer could have published his findings under some other title.

I got a few hits, all dating around the end of May from Brazil. As you say trying to avoid forced ventilation at all cost seems to be standard practice these days and has saved many lives.

Seems like nothing new to see here though.

John

look
Lemon Pip

Postby look » July 27th, 2020, 9:24 pm

it seems that towns accept to use that device (vanessa capsules) only when the health system is collapsed.

servodude
Lemon Quarter

Postby servodude » July 28th, 2020, 3:50 am

look wrote:it seems that towns accept to use that device (vanessa capsules) only when the health system is collapsed.

Hi Look

The "vanessa capsule" you've linked to will go some way to solving space problems when there is overcrowding in the hospital
- specifically where you cannot isolate COVID patients from the uninfected

Doing this is a good idea because the process of NIV has been shown to disperse pathogens exhaled by a patient (they need to exhale, the virus is in their respiratory tract and the system is not closed to the outside world - so add a bit of positive pressure and the exhaled virus is dispersed quite effectively)
- having a bit of a small negative pressure enclosure works as an extractor for these unwanted bits

So if you have no other option this will help; it would be nicer though to be treated in a sealed room by staff who are suitably protected, rather than spend your treatment under a plastic bubble

The actual ventilation in the video is being done by a ResMed Stellar 150 (https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare ... r-150.html)
- these are very good devices for this purpose

-sd

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » July 30th, 2020, 5:39 pm

We see today there were 846 “cases” of the virus reported to Worldometers.

DAK the makeup of these people in all the usual parameters please?

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”