Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to monabri,Dod101,Anonymous,Gersemi,robbelg, for Donating to support the site

Share Prices in Excel - NEW update

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Share Prices in Excel - NEW update

Postby kiloran » September 5th, 2019, 1:22 pm

peterh wrote:
eventide wrote:It appears to me that the yahoo api is down (again). As usual my fear is they've switched it off permanently but in the past it has come back in a few hours or days.

In the event anyone still has the addin working it would be good to know as it would eliminate the above as a cause of my problems.

The tlfaddin is working for me at the moment - but a lot slower than usual. I thought that it might have been because I am on a different PC but, now I've seen this news, it could be related to the Yahoo issues.

I looked at the Excel and LibreOffice versions of HYPTUSS and they both successfully get prices from Yahoo, but very, very slow. Normally get data back in 1-2 seconds, but now it's nearer 30. Strangely, a browser-based query such as https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/fin ... se.L,vod.l still works almost immediately, and this is the same data that is read by HYPTUSS

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » September 5th, 2019, 3:04 pm

kiloran wrote:I looked at the Excel and LibreOffice versions of HYPTUSS and they both successfully get prices from Yahoo, but very, very slow....

I have just tried in LibreOffice Version: 6.2.4.2 and the speed is normal. Yahoo has been having server problems this morning that took down Yahoo Mail (back now). This may have been a related problem.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » September 5th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Breelander wrote:
kiloran wrote:I looked at the Excel and LibreOffice versions of HYPTUSS and they both successfully get prices from Yahoo, but very, very slow....

I have just tried in LibreOffice Version: 6.2.4.2 and the speed is normal. Yahoo has been having server problems this morning that took down Yahoo Mail (back now). This may have been a related problem.

Yes, looks like we are back to normal, Bree. I wonder if the Yahoo techies can now fix Brexit :)

--kiloran

eventide
Lemon Pip

Postby eventide » September 18th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I've replied to someone with an issue with this addin on another random request thread. I don't think it is an issue with the addin itself but you never know:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19575&p=252578#p252578

But as you can see from my response, basically I'm moving on from this addin solution to better technology so won't be able to support it much anymore on here. I hope it was useful while it lasted, and hopefully for a while more if the api continues to be supported by yahoo.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”